Ashleigh Paige

Bright Young Things

Bright Young Things - Anna Godbersen The best thing about reading this book is that I didn't pay a cent for it.Some people enjoy novels that follow the exploits of the beautiful people in New York or some other big city/school/whatever. I'm not one of them. I can enjoy a good fluff read as much as the next person, but I have little patience for the misadventures of pretty people with personalities I can't stand even when I'm in a good mood. When I'm feeling extremely lethargic and drained due to another round of insomnia and the world jiggles around me when I walk as if everything is submerged in water? Then I have no patience at all.Astrid in particular irritated me. She flirts with other men all the time despite being so in love with Charlie, and then she freaks out when she finds an earring in Charlie's room that doesn't belong to her or Cordelia because she thinks he might be cheating on her. Feel free to call me names or argue with me over this, but I find this awfully hypocritical. So she can cheat but he can't when they're both supposed to be monogamous in their relationship? I smell a big load of bull.On occasion, I felt like I was skipping through the pages, just feeling all ~lalala, and then I would trip over a weird bite of prose ("moody green eyes" and hair yellow like egg yolks aren't great imagery for me) and my face would land in a small ant hill.So that's why I don't plan to finish this book. I read 48% of it and don't care to read anymore. It isn't interesting and I have no patience for any of this.