Ashleigh Paige

Incarnate

Incarnate - Well, I can't say this is unexpected. I read enough reviews to know I was in for a book I'd probably find uninteresting, but I felt compelled to try it after I won a copy of the sequel. Even then, I expected a conflict because I had an idea for a novel very much like this a few years back. If it turned out to be better than my idea, I was going to cry. Well, no crying here. Just yawning.Ana's got the foundation for a great character, but she, her love interest, and her world are utterly boring. By 1/4 of the way into a novel, I expect the be engaged and care about SOMETHING, but there was nothing here worth caring about. Even if I had finished the novel, I doubt I would have had anything to say about it. Saying as much as I have took some work and serious thought because it's the kind of dull you really can't put words to.I'll just stay with my idea--the one where God is a woman who rips into the men who say she's a fake because God is a MAN, DAMMIT and the main character's parents think her little brother was Michael Jackson in his most recent life because MJ died minutes before the boy was born.DNF at 28%.