Ashleigh Paige

September Girls

September Girls - Bennett Madison Well, I guess I fall in the camp that says this critiques sexism and women's roles in a way. It's decent commentary, but that doesn't excuse the God awful, cringeworthy dialogue, poor pacing/plotting (I skipped about 60 pages with no detriment to my reading experience), characterization issues, and occasionally ridiculous prose. Sexist or no, it's still a pretty poorly written book.Also, because I can't list enough penis euphemisms, just browse this list. Have fun!Also, it's not as easy as making the virgin guy the one with magical virgin powers instead of the girl to try and deconstruct that trope. There's simply too much of a gap between how male and female virgins are treated and Madison is nowhere near the skill level it takes to look at that the way it should be looked at.