Ashleigh Paige

The Moon and More

The Moon and More - Sarah Dessen Eh, DNFed at the end of chapter two. I've got a strange relationship with Dessen as it is (I've read two other books by her, liked them, and bought more, but there's something about her writing style I hate and I think she's overrated), but I was admittedly tempted by the cover and reviews from friends.I encountered exactly the same problem as I did with This Lullaby and The Truth About Forever: There's something about the narrator's voice that bores me, makes the novel seem longer, and makes me want to put it down often for a break. To be frank, I can't think of any differences between Remy's, Macy's, and Emaline's voices. I picked up The Truth About Forever again to check and they read the same to me. I'll likely never be able to put my finger on it. Not to mention how much of just the first forty pages involved telling. No thanks! Not when I've got two weeks to read as many of the eleven books sitting on my bedside table as I can.I need to break up with Dessen already. This isn't healthy for either of us.