Ashleigh Paige

Crash (Crash, #1)

Crash - Nicole  Williams aka soul typhoons.(Buttons like that are why you should not give me Photoshop.)Nope. Can't do it. I read one chapter and it's just painful, how bad this is. My new year's resolution is to actually listen to my brain when it tells me I should stop reading a book because it's too horrible/not worth it, and it looks like I'm getting an early start.Here are a few excerpts from the one chapter I forced myself through:But here, working on my tan at Sapphire Lake’s public beach just a couple weeks before I was all set to start my senior year at a new school, I’d just found me a Prince Hot Damn. (1)He was tall, his shoulders were wide, and he had those dark ringed eyes with black lashes that had the power to undo a woman’s best intentions. So, in non-sucker terms, he was just my type. Along with every other English speaking woman in the northern hemisphere’s. (1)Has anyone told her lately that lesbians exist? And asexuals? And women who are not heterosexual in general?My heart went boom-boom, my head got all foggy, and I felt this ache inside when he turned and walked away, like we were tied together by a fixed rope. I’d let exactly four of these soul typhoons pass unexplored, but I’d made a pact of the utmost sacredness with myself that I wouldn’t let a fifth go by in the same kind of way. (2)“Yeah, yeah. I know it’s a woman’s world and all, but there’s still some things I like old-fashioned,” I said, scratching behind his matted ears. “Like the guy approaching the girl. Don’t call the feminist movement and rat me out or else no steak for you tonight.” (5)Get Rome on the phone because a miracle was playing out in front of me as the only boy I wanted to notice was the only one who didn’t. Darn you, serendipity and soul typhoons. (6)“The name’s Jude Ryder, since I know you’re all but salivating like a rabid dog to know, and I don’t do girlfriends, relationships, flowers, or regular phone calls. If that works for you, I think we could work out something special.”(7)Our dashing love interest, ladies and gentlemen.A grin full of attitude and ego. It was a tad sexy too, and it could have been hella sexy if I hadn’t already decided to not fall into this boy’s traps. (7)Hella? Are you serious? Get out. Just get out and never attempt to write teenagers again. You are BANNED.“Scrambo,” I said, waving him off. (9)That slang doesn't even exist! The closest thing is scrambos and that's scrambled eggs. She is NOT telling him to get scrambled eggs.“What’s that dumbfounded look for?” I asked.“Because I have yet to come across a girl who sends me packing,” he said, looking at me with something new in his eyes. (10)