Ashleigh Paige

So Close to You

So Close to You - Rachel Carter I thought this book would rock my socks off and I find that after 220 pages, I have very little to say about So Close to You but that it is:*Dull.*Somewhat formulaic.*Stuffed with insta-love. I haven't the faintest idea why Lydia is falling in love with Wes. What does Lydia see in him? His first moment of development came after page 200 and it was smaller than a single strand of my hair. Before then, they had two, three, possibly four interactions total and they were very short/lacking in substance. These two characters are blank like sheets of paper.Astrology is used to show that Lydia and Wes are meant to be together; she is an Aries and he is a Leo, and those signs have a high degree of romantic compatibility. Not a lot of authors use astrology like that and I appreciate Carter did so, but the way it was used in this novel was beyond corny. Others may love it, but I sure didn't.What a shame. Well, better luck next time.My copy was an ARC I received through a swap with a friend.