Ashleigh Paige

Star Cursed: The Cahill Witch Chronicles, Book Two

Star Cursed: The Cahill Witch Chronicles, Book Two - Check out some of my reviews on Birth of a New Witch!*Much more of a plot, though the pacing is up-and-down.*The POC characters are either bad or have bad shit happen to them. No exceptions.*Lacks the feminist elements of book 1; the one standout emotional woman becomes the antagonist and the competition between sisters--and between the women in general--almost feels as if it's supported by the narrative.*Did no one think of treating all the sisters like they were the prophesied one until the real one was revealed? Seeing as one of them will do anything for her sisters, working to divide them was a stupid idea.*Characterization of the sisters is still fine, but it's not as remarkable this time around.*Good ending, but there's a good chance I won't read book 3.(No proper reviews this month for anything but review books, as I'm on reviewing hiatus. I'll still be around, of course.)