Ashleigh Paige

Faeries of Dreamdark: Blackbringer

Blackbringer - Laini Taylor I can handle bookish disappointments, but this is more disappointing than usual because Laini Taylor's other books (Daughter of Smoke and Bone and Lips Touch: Three Times) are some of my favorites.The author's usual magic and creativity when creating new, interesting worlds is there, but it's so much less magical than it is in her other books. I had absolutely no emotional investment in the novel and I skipped to the very end just so I could see how it ended. Over 100 pages, completely skipped because I didn't care one little bit about anything going on.I faith-bought the sequel Silksinger because I trusted Taylor to enthrall me, but she failed and now I am stuck with it. If I can hit 200 blog followers or more before I move away to college in mid-August, I'll probably give them both away in a reader-appreciation giveaway.