Ashleigh Paige

Slammed (Slammed, #1)

Slammed (Slammed, #1) - Colleen Hoover SURPRISE! STUDENT-TEACHER RELATIONSHIP!Ugh. Gag me. I read 35% before I realized this isn't worth my time. Layken is overdramatic about what it means for her and Will's relationship after they realize he's her teacher, the author's attempts to transfer the power of spoken slam poetry into written words through the abuse of italics and bold and often both fail badly, and I know a bad dramarama when I start one. I can smell the angst coming from miles away.I have way too many good books and books I received for review waiting to be read. I'm just not going to bother and keep making myself miserable.And on a side note, this is the official abortion of my New Adult mini-project. This genre is now relegated to being the eight-legged, needle-bearing boogeyman beneath my bed. I'm scared of it. -shiver- Someone hold me? If only I hadn't bought Beautiful Disaster and Crash in preparation for this project. I may attempt them anyway.