Ashleigh Paige

For Darkness Shows the Stars

For Darkness Shows the Stars - Diana Peterfreund Gave up at 51%.I've never read any novel by Jane Austen or seen direct adaptations of them. The closest I've come is reading other retellings of Austen's works. Now that we have that out of the way...The pacing was slow and I had a hard time connecting wit Kai and Elliot. With Kai in particular, it was hard to reconcile a reunion between Elliot and him with his actions. Why would Elliot take him back after how he treated her? It was too much and the little moments of cordiality weren't enough. Maybe it gets better in the second half, but I guess I'll never know.I think my favorite part of the book was Andromeda Phoenix both because of her character and because of her name. Andromeda Phoenix sounds like the name of an MG heroine who spends her time being an intergalactic badass. I like the writing too, but Andromeda motherfucking Phoenix, people.Also...