Ashleigh Paige

Sweet Evil

Sweet Evil - Read 70% of the book and said screw it, I don't care.Anna and Kaidan, not terribly inspiring characters themselves, had an equally dull romance that makes getting invested in them difficult. Bad writing turns entire chapters into infodumpy exposition and made me start skimming until I reached the end of the infodump. There are so many contrivances too! Every time a problem pops up, something magically resolves it (like not being able to book a hotel--Kaidan is an emancipated minor, so he can do it) or characters' personalities change in order to make the problem a not-problem.Besides, any book that mixes up astrology and astronomy gets a serious side-eye from me. People who mix up astrology and astronomy get a serious side-eye from me. (Sad but true. LEARN THE DIFFERENCE.)This was one I picked up mostly because there was a read along going on and I felt like joining in, but the one post I did for it had its link removed on the host website because I it was considered too harsh/cruel. Honesty about how I'm having a lot of problems instead of enjoying it is harsh or cruel? If that's how the hosts feel, okay. Their rules. That showed me their policies on books (and probably reviews) are in direct conflict with mine.