Ashleigh Paige

Blind Spot

Blind Spot - Laura Ellen See more of my reviews sooner on The YA Kitten! My copy was an ARC I received via Amazon Vine.Novels filled with characters readers are supposed to hate are tricky books to pull off. Courtney Summers, with her ability to make us dislike everyone and yet want to keep reading about them because the characters are also well-drawn and full of potential, can easily pull those kinds of books off. Laura Ellen cannot because she makes readers hate her cast of characters too much and fails to make them interesting enough to keep reading about.Blind Spot is less murder mystery, more cringeworthy high school drama. Populated with characters like Roz, who is rightfully angry with her boyfriend one minute for flirting with her ex-best friend and then melts into him the next time she sees him, and Mr. Dellian, whose actions are all over the place, beyond cruel to a disabled student like Roz, and do not make any sense even when his reasons are explained, and badly plotted/paced, there is not one nice thing I can say about the entirety of this novel.My reviews are normally much longer than this, but this novel is the kind of bad where you don't know how to talk about it and wouldn't want to even if you could, so I'm saying all I can. It laid waste to a good idea.