Ashleigh Paige

Girl of Nightmares - Kendare Blake I gave it my best shot. Anna Dressed in Blood did almost nothing for me, but people kept saying Girl of Nightmares was sooooooooooo much better. I wanted to believe them so badly, so I picked up this book the last time I was in a proper bookstore and hoped for the best.Damn it, why did I let the hype bite me in the ass again?!I cared about Anna and her situation in book one, but I cared about nothing here. Nothing. Not even Anna and all the torment she was surely enduring in Hell. There's only so far I can go while reading a book without any emotional investment on my part. I tried to get invested--I always do--but there was simply nothing that really grabbed me and made me feel for these characters and what they were going through. There are scenes I will easily admit were well-written and that is why I'm giving it two stars instead of one (and I'm only giving it stars at all because I made it over halfway through the book; if I'd stopped before the halfpoint, I wouldn't give it a rating).So yeah. DNF. Next, please!