Ashleigh Paige

Spell Bound - Rachel Hawkins -sigh- I don't even want to review this. I'm so disappointed. Let's go through what I did and didn't like in bullet points.Liked:* Jenna and Sophie's friendship. One of my favorites in YA.* Acknowledgement that the villains don't necessarily see themselves as villains and it's not as easy as black or white.* Mrs. Casnoff and what ends up happening with her.* The introduction of the Brannicks in person. Izzy is adorable (if one-dimensional)!* Spell Bound reads well and there weren't any major narrative stumbles.Didn't Like:* The way Cal is treated and the eventual resolution involving him.* The love triangle with Archer, Sophie, and Cal.* Did I get more mature or did Sophie and co. get less funny? Maybe some of both.* Spell Bound felt too rushed. Needed to slow down and get a little deeper.* Big Events/Big Revelations are quickly brushed off. See above bullet point.* The ending was a little too sweet considering what happened.* The hint of something involving Izzy and Torin. He's a warlock who is five or six centuries old by this point; she is a fourteen-year-old girl. Skeeve Senses are tingling.I've heard there will be a spin-off about one of the new characters introduced in this book (which leads me to believe it will star either Finley or Izzy--I'll put my bet on the latter). I am very unsure I will be buying it.